Volkswagen Arteon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yokohama, Continental, Bridgestone and Pirelli all offer tires that work well on the CC and within the segment for the CC's rivals but which tire brand and model to get depends greatly on who you ask although certain tires stand out on top.

From everyone's personal experience, which brand and model of tire would you recommend and why?

Currently driving a 4 Series Gran Coupe on Bridgestone Potenza's and and zero complaints.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Personal experience wise, the Yokohama AD08 is a great tire. I've always been a Yoko fan though so I'm probably being biased. But it's a very grippy tire, comfortable, and wears fairly well. They also have an R compound version but I think that's overkill and kind of reduces the daily drivability.

Oh... and the tread looks aggressive which adds so much to the overall look of the car ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Continentals that came on my Golf were terrible, I replaced them with Bridgestone Potenza's, and was much happier. The Pirellis on my wife's Jetta are excellent also. :smile:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I guess I'm the minority and just go with michelin tires, they've served me very well over the years no matter the car so I'll just stick with them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I guess I'm the minority and just go with michelin tires, they've served me very well over the years no matter the car so I'll just stick with them.
One more loyal Michelin client here. I've had Michelin for a while already (both all season and winter) and have no idea how it feels when you have bad tires.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more loyal Michelin client here. I've had Michelin for a while already (both all season and winter) and have no idea how it feels when you have bad tires.
All I can give feedback on are tires that are low on rubber and tires that developed flat spots from sitting too long.
As long as you maintain your tires properly and don't abuse them too much on the road, odds are low you will not come across bad tires.

·
Registered
77 Posts
With regular driving, which I assume yours will get as a daily driver, there wont be any flat spot problems, just need to check it for tread now and then with occasional rotation and you're good.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With regular driving, which I assume yours will get as a daily driver, there wont be any flat spot problems, just need to check it for tread now and then with occasional rotation and you're good.
What does tire tread have to do with flat spots?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts