Volkswagen Arteon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some news came out of Volkswagen last week, revealing there is interest in a "shooting brake" variant of the Arteon. Its rumoured to be a 4 door sports wagon, similar to what Jaguar has offered in the XF. No word on when it would be made available and there's a good chance that we wont see it released in the U.S.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It definitely suits the styling of the Arteon and I think that VW should seriously consider a production model. There's a growing number of performance wagons coming to the market, meanwhile sedan sales have been slowly declining. I can only imagine the kind of cabin/trunk space that this model would have.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Personally not a fan of wagons, but I can get behind the idea of more cabin and cargo space. Just can't get over the proportions of that thing while being so low to the ground.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks cool. But more than 10 years ago I bought a Mazda6 hatch to replace a Mazda6 Estate and in practical terms it made little difference. But the hatch looked much better. Arteon "sportsback" looks better than the "wagon" so unless you really need the extra space .....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks cool. But more than 10 years ago I bought a Mazda6 hatch to replace a Mazda6 Estate and in practical terms it made little difference. But the hatch looked much better. Arteon "sportsback" looks better than the "wagon" so unless you really need the extra space .....
I tend to agree. The fastback Arteon is immensely practical already and very often estate versions don't have much more boot space. Yes, you can arguably load them up to the roof but with suspect legality. The other thing is I'm not sure whether someone looking for a load carrier wouldn't just go for a Passat estate instead?

But I suppose in this day and age manufacturers have enormous product ranges built on similar platforms to satisfy every conceivable niche, so why not, if their research suggests people might buy it. My impression however is that the Arteon isn't going to be a mass seller (at least in Europe) given how rare they are on our roads a year into their production cycle, so line extensions like this might not be seen as viable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts