Volkswagen Arteon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now.. this proposes a difficult decision for me. But.. Let me at least tell you about it first.

VW has confirmed that they are in fact working on a V6 variant of the VW Arteon and it's actually already being tested on the down-lo.

Not 100% sure which 6-cylinder it'll be, but it's possible that it's the V6 3.6L that is utilized in the VW Atlas as it is a more modern rendition of engine their providing to the market.

276hp @6200rpm
266lb-ft @2750rpm

That low end torque on something like the Arteon which will be notably lighter than the Atlas means some serious get up and go. But I'm also anticipating that they'd utilize the AWD system which will make putting the power to the asphalt effortless but it'll definitely throw you back in the seat a fair bit.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Surprised it wasnt a smaller displacement 6-cylinder engine unless you have your facts wrong. Sharing your source here would help with that. Also, VW has made smaller 3.0 6-cylinder engines in the past.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll see if I can try and re-find the articles I was reading, but there definitely aren't any facts present in that original post as it says "it's possible"

What did those 3.0L produce? How long ago where they being used?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Now.. this proposes a difficult decision for me. But.. Let me at least tell you about it first.

VW has confirmed that they are in fact working on a V6 variant of the VW Arteon and it's actually already being tested on the down-lo.

Not 100% sure which 6-cylinder it'll be, but it's possible that it's the V6 3.6L that is utilized in the VW Atlas as it is a more modern rendition of engine their providing to the market.

276hp @6200rpm
266lb-ft @2750rpm

That low end torque on something like the Arteon which will be notably lighter than the Atlas means some serious get up and go. But I'm also anticipating that they'd utilize the AWD system which will make putting the power to the asphalt effortless but it'll definitely throw you back in the seat a fair bit.
A v6 with about the same power as the 2.0 turbo 4? Lower fuel economy, and the same power, I don't think so. The only way I would think about a v6 is if it was a twin turbo with at least 350 hp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
VW Arteon is now offered with a 148bhp 1.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine. It features cylinder deactivation technology to help save fuel. A choice of six-speed manual and seven-speed DSG gearboxes are available across Elegance and R-Line trims. Would you consider buying Arteon with that 1.5-litre engine?

·
Registered
208 Posts
VW Arteon is now offered with a 148bhp 1.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine. It features cylinder deactivation technology to help save fuel. A choice of six-speed manual and seven-speed DSG gearboxes are available across Elegance and R-Line trims. Would you consider buying Arteon with that 1.5-litre engine?
I'm fascinated by the fact you only mentioned how much boost horse power it makes when that's just about the most insignificant fact about its overall power output. Meanwhile you missed the most important fact which is 184lb ft or torque @ 1500rpm. Do you realize what that means for selling people on the idea of owning an 1.5t?

·
Registered
77 Posts
That means the Arteon gets a very good amount of acceleration right at 1500rpm and those numbers are actually very low. Great news for people who like spirited driving.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That means the Arteon gets a very good amount of acceleration right at 1500rpm and those numbers are actually very low. Great news for people who like spirited driving.
Low as in the power we can really feel kicks in at a range that really matter regardless if that's on the track or the street. But often after that 1500RPM point it will be somewhat flat line throughout the rest of the range. Not a problem for me though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Low as in the power we can really feel kicks in at a range that really matter regardless if that's on the track or the street. But often after that 1500RPM point it will be somewhat flat line throughout the rest of the range. Not a problem for me though.
In the brochure it says 184 lb ft at 1500-3500 rpm. Does that not mean it produces that throughout that range? If so it's not too bad at all for flexibility in general driving.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I came from a 2017 Nissan Maxima 300hp V6, which ran 13.8 @ 104 on the drag strip. Before, had a 2013 Infiniti G37x sedan for some time, 2011 Infiniti FX35 303hp, 2010 Toyota Camry V6 268hp, etc., in the past. I am absolutely loving the performance of my 2.0T. It's a very powerful, capable, quiet, and torquey. Feels much peppier and more responsive in driving than the Maxima did. The 8 speed is wonderful. Love it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts