Volkswagen Arteon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Volkswagen recently unveiled their U.S. spec Arteon at the 2018 Chicago Auto Show and only one powertrain will be available when the model starts appearing on showroom floors in the third quarter of 2018.

Those in Europe will have a choice of both diesel and petrol options, but the only powertrain U.S. buyers can place on VW's Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB) platform is a 2.0-liter turbo four-cylinder engine. This is by no means a bad thing as it delivers 268 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque to the front wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission. Those who want 4Motion all-wheel drive can add it as an option.

If the mid-sized sedan's exterior styling isn't attractive enough, with its fastback-style appeal, then the long list of standard features on all Arteon may be enough to win you over. Even the entry-level trim comes equipped with heated front seats, LED headlamps, a set of 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, forward collision assist, autonomous emergency braking, blind spot monitor, an 8.0-inch touchscreen that's AndroidAuto and Apple CarPlay compatible, and more.

Pricing has not been released yet, but we do know that the Arteon will be offered in four trim levels; SE, SEL, and SEL Premium. What's more, CarScoops claims the model is covered by "VW's transferrable People First Warranty that provides coverage for six years or 72,000 miles".

·
Registered
208 Posts
How much do you guys think deposits for these will be? Given the fact this is a higher end VW product i was thinking we could see it be as much as $1000

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think thats a pretty conservative figure, considering the entry price point of the Arteon. From what I've seen online it looks like in Europe the deposit is starting at £3,000.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks like US deliveries are delayed further, now into 2019: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/vw-arteon-launch-delayed/

WLTP again....they're really struggling with this it seems.
I'm thinking that the fact VW cheated on emissions testing with the Diesel engines isn't doing them much good WLTP approval. Now regulators have to assume VW would cheat again. They have to inspect even closer looking to figure out if VW is has come up with another ingenious method to falsify emissions test results.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Vw USA site says the Arteon is available, but none at any of the Denver area dealers and they didn't have one on display at the Denver Auto Show even tho they had one last year. :confused:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just becareful to take dealers with a grain of salt if you find their listings on autotrader or any similar site. I noticed they post as if the vehicle is at the dealership but is really a tactic to get you to put down a deposit.

·
Registered
208 Posts
After seeing so many Kia Stingers on the road and realizing how close it comes to the Arteon, I looked into the numbers. They are impressive to say the least.

Kia just announced that a total of 16,806 Stingers were sold in 2018. The year prior, just 843 were sold but that was because it didn't even go on sale until November
I hear they're only getting started and have plans for some higher performance versions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a UK model 272 and the US spec seems to be missing a few bits. I can't see the head up display, the dynamic rear indicators or the 360 view camera.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts