Volkswagen Arteon Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Update on the noise, the CV boots have been sprayed with VW special anti-friction agent G 052 172 M2 and low and behold the noise has gone, I’m not convinced it’s a permanent cure, we shall see.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Update on the noise, the CV boots have been sprayed with VW special anti-friction agent G 052 172 M2 and low and behold the noise has gone, I'm not convinced it's a permanent cure, we shall see.
I'd be curious to know who supplies them with it because often I've noticed that the "special" fluids and treatments car makers use aren't so special to them after all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'd be curious to know who supplies them with it because often I've noticed that the "special" fluids and treatments car makers use aren't so special to them after all.
Not 100% certain but I believe it's made by DuPont who also make the rubber boots.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would get an independent report from an (good) MOT station as noises in this area can be critical. Pay a few pounds and get a written report that will stand up in court ! Tell them what is you specific concern and they will go along with the official MOT inspection.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I would get an independent report from an (good) MOT station as noises in this area can be critical. Pay a few pounds and get a written report that will stand up in court ! Tell them what is you specific concern and they will go along with the official MOT inspection.
Thanks for the advice and I could possibly go down that route for a back up but for now the spray seems to have worked, it's just the rubber drive shaft boots that caused the noise so we know what the cause is and the dealer said if the noise comes back they'll replace them which to my mind they should have done in the first place.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I stay away from corporate dealers The dealer I go to is family owned and treats their customers like they want to be treated. They are one of the reasons I switched to VW, best service from a dealer I have ever had, they genuinely want to earn your business.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I stay away from corporate dealers The dealer I go to is family owned and treats their customers like they want to be treated. They are one of the reasons I switched to VW, best service from a dealer I have ever had, they genuinely want to earn your business.
If only there was a genuine family owned VW business near me I would certainly go there but unfortunately all the dealers within a reasonable distance are corporate.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The noise is back big time
Now is a good change to prove if the issue is simply an absence of that VW grease. Eagerly waiting for outcome !

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
VW technical dept state replacement boots won’t cure the problem and they say the latest Arteon have a different driveshaft and the boots won’t fit the earlier ones so they sprayed them again, they will need doing every 6 to 12 months, how ridiculous is that, not only that, the car has developed a ‘road type’ noise, car has only done 5800 miles, front tyres have 6mm tread depth so unlikely to be them, it’s possible it could be driveshafts but VW refuse to replace them, overall very disappointed with VW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm also a VAG fan and I've owned many Volkswagen, Audi. Every second owner is saying about the DSG, it is not a gearbox, it is bullshit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For sure the DSG is not a successful project of Volkswagen AG. Those from VAG tried to make a revolution in car gearboxes but however, they've made a sh't. I'm repairing my Volkswagen at my friend's auto service with good prices, and if you want some discounts for spares click here. But I recommend driving american cars or Toyota and Lexus because they are more safe and reliable. I think in future I'll try a Lexus Gs, I think it is not a bad one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Road trips mean a lot of time behind the wheel. Fortunately, there are plenty of options to upgrade your ride and enhance your experience on the road by making it safer, smoother, and much more enjoyable. Whether it's keeping interiors clean and tidy, charging your devices on the go, connecting your smartphone to your vehicle, or saving your life, these creative car gadgets and accessories will have you covered on your motorized travels.You can find all these things at otopartshop.com

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Road trips mean a lot of time behind the wheel. Fortunately, there are plenty of options to upgrade your ride and enhance your experience on the road by making it safer, smoother, and much more enjoyable. Whether it's keeping interiors clean and tidy, charging your devices on the go, connecting your smartphone to your vehicle, or saving your life, these creative car gadgets and accessories will have you covered on your motorized travels.You can find all these things at otopartshop.com
Erm, what's that got to do with the problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
The rubber boots used to be coated with a type of mica dust after manufacture. Recent technology improvements have seen the 'lube' included in the rubber formulation from where it is supposed to 'leach' out over time. The old style of post manufacture 'dusting' was determiened to wear off after time whereas the new style are supposed to continually bleed. I suspect yours came from a batch where the additive was reduced (probably due to cost reduction)....it happens all the time even though it's not suposed to!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts