1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’ve read lots of reported issues of kangarooing with the 1.5 especially combined with DSG. Does seem to be a minority of owners though - the engine is used in so many cars across the VAG and most don’t report problems. Still, must be annoying to be one of those in the minority!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes the mrs t roc has the issue they calm. But its only on cold start once its warmed up its fine all we do is let it walm up a before going our in it an we notice no issues our is 1.5 manual. We have been told there no fix at the moment but due to the wltp law theres a software update in the pipe line that will rectify this there just having issues getting it passed off. Most things are down to software updates nowadays due to everything been electronic.

·
Registered
74 Posts
No car is going to perform well on a cold start, but yes it seems like this engine is known to be particularly bad in that circumstance. With VW acknowledging the problem at least that means they will be developing a fix, no matter how minor the number of affected owners are.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To me this suggests they didn't do adequate testing of this engine in colder climates. On a cold start or not, these kinds of issues should come up during development, when they have hundreds of these things out road testing. At least all of this can be addressed prior to its NA launch. Though I'm not sure if VW will even offer the 1.5 there.

·
Registered
208 Posts
This is the last thing that VW needs, one more reason to keep people buying Toyota and never taking German cars seriously till its the only option they have for certain features.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 1.5 kangaroos really badly when cold. I’ve also had an issue where the gearbox didn’t respond to any input from the throttle. I was in drive, the lights went green and then... nothing.. suddenly it lurched into life.. it’s only done that twice though. It’s going back to the stealers at some point

·
Registered
9 Posts
Speaking to a friend he has the 1.5 in his mk7.5 golf and they have had a software update done as one has been released for his model there is nothing out there at the moment for the t-roc unsure about the arteon updates are still postponed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well just a update the mrs t-roc has been in today as we had a phone call say the software update was now available. Driving home after collection the car is completly different drives alot better and no issues what so ever the tech said its just changed the peramiters thats all they know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts