Volkswagen Arteon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pick up went well, and the first drive was a very positiv experience. It will take some time to learn how to use all the "gadgets", but the drive was very comfortable, quiet and surpricingly quick.

The different driving modes differed enough to really appreciate the ability to change the modes according to type of roads and driving style.

Not driven it enough yet to give a detailed review, but we will take it for a longer trip tomorrow.

One question though - does anyone know if the HUD can be adjusted so that the information displayed can be lifted or lowered on the screen? I found it to be displayed so low that I needed to rise the seat to be able to see it over the dash - and I am 180 cm high.

I don't have any good pics yet, but here is a not so good one taken by the phone just before driving off at the dealer:
IMAG1791_1519335389338.jpg

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - and yes, you are correct regarding the adjustment. Works very well, and I have become real fond of the HUD.
Wify don't like the HUD though (when she is driving), so I guess that might be rather "personal preferences".

·
Registered
77 Posts
May seem like a distraction to some, but I just like it for how futuristic the feature feels. Still remember when my older car had tape players, how far we've come especially in the Arteon.
How was your long trip in it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats on the new Arteon, looks like there are already a bunch of new owners on here. Everyone seems to be very pleased with it so far. Just curious how you guys are finding the power offering. That seems to be one criticism that keeps coming up on reviews. I think that's more due to how comparable it is to the Passat tho.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First long trip was very positiv. It's a comfortable, effortless and quiet drive. Did a couple of overtakes, and the 280 hp does a great job in accellerating well also from speeds starting at well over 80 km/h. You actually need to keep an eye on the speedometer, as you quickly reaches speeds that are not very "police-friendly", and it's easy to not notice how fast you are driving.
Steering is good but not very involving. It could have been some more "feedback", but it's not a sportscar and I guess it's good for a "cruiser".
Seats are good, but could have given a little more sideway support (I might be a bit "spoiled" by my other car though, which have excelent seats with great support for more "active" driving).
Infotainment is very good with great sound system (Media Pro and the 700W system). SatNav worked well, but some new roads made me aware that the maps are a bit out of date. Have downloaded new maps (update is from January this year) on a SD card, and will update on our next long trip which will be the coming Sunday (500+ km).
The parking heater is a must here in Norway, and works fine in the cold weather we have now.
The LED lights are just great!
The Adaptive Cruise Control also works just as it should, and the different settings have enough adjustments to find the settings that suits you best (like enough distance to the car ahead to avoid dirt and stones that are thrown up).
All in all very happy so far :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the new Arteon, looks like there are already a bunch of new owners on here. Everyone seems to be very pleased with it so far. Just curious how you guys are finding the power offering. That seems to be one criticism that keeps coming up on reviews. I think that's more due to how comparable it is to the Passat tho.
Regarding the power offering, I have only driven the 280 hp variant, and I would say that has enough power for most users. However the car feels like it could handle even more power very well. This kind of car would probabely suit a well ballanced V6, just for the premium feel and sound - for those willing to pay the extra cost. However I don't think those would sell in any volumes, as the 2.0 280 hp does a great job, even though it is missing that little "extra" low down torque and feel that a good 3.0+ V6 gives. With a V6 you would be deep in Audi/BMW/Merc teritory, also price vice, and those customers are hard to get.

Who knows - it might come with a V6 in a year or so, but for me personally I would not have paid that much more over the 2.0 280hp, as I think the price will be rather high in compariason.

And for me, this is our "everyday" car, and my hobby car has a nice 5.0 supercharged V8 that I enjoy in weekends :smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts