Volkswagen Arteon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here (obviously), i am no stranger to the VW or even car racing/modding world. first car i bought for myself i did a complete stage IV build on it and ran 35lbs of boost on the supercharger. i have since calmed down from that kind of modding haha but still love cars and making them my own.

i found this forum board over on VWVortex, i have been a member over there for some time now and some may even recognize me from there, (Vdubs Kopfschuss GLI)

I picked up an Arteon SEL-P R-Line 4Motion in June 2019 and have loved the car since. here in the states we had to wait a bit of time before they arrived, so i have been following this car for a couple of years.

since my ownership I have tinted windows and installed a Maxton Design front splitter and rear spoiler.

Here is how it looked at time of purchase

Here she is after window tint

And here she is with the splitter installed

Wheels and suspension will most likely be the next thing to be purchased, but now that APR is offering a tune that may be in my future as well. but nothing definite as of now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That is a beautiful Arteon, Vdub IDDQD! For someone like me that's been researching the car, what would you say are your favourite aspects of the car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a beautiful Arteon, Vdub IDDQD! For someone like me that's been researching the car, what would you say are your favourite aspects of the car?
thanks for the kind words!

as far as favorite aspects, for exterior the front end of this car is simply spectacular!!! me being in the states and being an avid European/German car fan, this is pretty much the epitome of Euro/German car styling. added with the sleek body lines and aggressive stance, i just love looking at this car.

interior just feels refined and only has what is expected. no flash, no crazy design, just simple styling and eloquent flow from the cabin to the cargo area.

however, i will admit i wish this car came with more power under the hood. 270hp feels like it is lacking, while it still can move pretty well, it just feels it needs 350hp from factory to be driven to its full potential. BUT, since APR has released its tuning options and we now have the ability to get up to 400hp out of this car! that is a major modification i am contemplating on doing.

to sum up, exterior styling, interior refinement and the ability to rune and modify this car is what really has me excited for it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
thanks for the kind words!

as far as favorite aspects, for exterior the front end of this car is simply spectacular!!! me being in the states and being an avid European/German car fan, this is pretty much the epitome of Euro/German car styling. added with the sleek body lines and aggressive stance, i just love looking at this car.

interior just feels refined and only has what is expected. no flash, no crazy design, just simple styling and eloquent flow from the cabin to the cargo area.

however, i will admit i wish this car came with more power under the hood. 270hp feels like it is lacking, while it still can move pretty well, it just feels it needs 350hp from factory to be driven to its full potential. BUT, since APR has released its tuning options and we now have the ability to get up to 400hp out of this car! that is a major modification i am contemplating on doing.

to sum up, exterior styling, interior refinement and the ability to rune and modify this car is what really has me excited for it.
No problem at all it's a great car! I appreciate your feedback!

I've been enamored by the styling as well. VW really knocked it out of the park with this. The 270 hp isn't a dealbreaker for me by any stretch but it's good to know that the tuning options are out there.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Congrats on getting the Arteon.

Did you test any other vehicles before deciding to get it? Some VW guys I know drove the Kia Stinger and walked away impressed.
They just haven't budged on it yet but claim its a GOOD runner up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.