Volkswagen Arteon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those in the UK, the Arteon has been available for quite some time, but VW has still been pretty silent about when this model will land in the U.S. In anticipation of its NA debut, they have decided to launch and 80's photo shoot to showcase the vehicle. VW has yet to confirm an official date, but we're being told "later this year". Here's some of the shots not preoccupied by models.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I talked to my local VW dealer and he said the US 2019 Arteon should begin showing up in October. He wasn’t sure what kind of volume will be made available to the US. The US version is being made in Germany for now and not in Chattanooga, TN or Mexico.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they are restricting production to Germany I would imagine that it'll launch in very limited quantities for North America. VW is probably also interested in gauging consumer interest for the Arteon here, prior to fully supporting it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think there might be a lot more interest in this model in North America now, with all the changes VW is making to the next gen Passat. Imo the main selling point of that model was the VR6 engine, and now its gone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The problem for VW in the US is they lag bringing in innovation to the US market plus they are slow to react. The Passat is on the same styling since, what, 2012? The 2019 Passat is still the same basic car from 2012. While Toyota changed the body of the Camry twice over the same time period.

The Arteon is an prime example of missing the mark, I think this is the third model year in Europe and VW is just now bringing it to the US. They say it is the flagship car yet there is only one engine option and the R-Line is all cosmetic except one inch larger tires. The rest is badging, some plastic and the aluminum trim on the brake and gas feed. While I will probably buy one, I don’t think it will match the more expensive yet similar Audi A5 Sportback. If they sell 1000 to 1500 units a month they will be lucky.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The problem for VW in the US is they lag bringing in innovation to the US market plus they are slow to react. The Passat is on the same styling since, what, 2012? The 2019 Passat is still the same basic car from 2012. While Toyota changed the body of the Camry twice over the same time period.

The Arteon is an prime example of missing the mark, I think this is the third model year in Europe and VW is just now bringing it to the US. They say it is the flagship car yet there is only one engine option and the R-Line is all cosmetic except one inch larger tires. The rest is badging, some plastic and the aluminum trim on the brake and gas feed. While I will probably buy one, I don't think it will match the more expensive yet similar Audi A5 Sportback. If they sell 1000 to 1500 units a month they will be lucky.
VW Group as a whole operates amazingly well and I think years ago they realized that Audi is a superpower and thus helped it rise to the current rank, they have some of the best selling vehicles out today and that says a lot. Now, successful VW products are hedging off that success.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was speaking of the US market and not worldwide. Specific to the Arteon, look at the engine choices outside of the US. Outside, multiple choices. US, no choice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gool pics that deserve to be hung on my walls. When I want a thing, a car, a new phone, I work hard for it. But also visualize that object putting it in a frame or creating a canvas on Picture Frames Online. At least in one year, I got everything I wished for. I call it magic; you can call it the law of attraction. Now, I'm looking some minutes before going to sleep to a beautiful red 2021 Volkswagen Arteon. I want to buy it for my lovely wife; she deserves the best. She gave birth to a beautiful son, Arthur. So I want to thank her for him. Do you guys think it's a lovely gift?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts