Volkswagen Arteon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just messing about with the configurator on the VW site and got this message. Anyone know details about the changes?

"Fuel consumption and CO2 emissions data provided within the configurator are for the model year 2018 vehicle. We are currently changing over to model year 2019 vehicles, which are subject to new tests and rules. If you order a vehicle now, it is likely to have different official fuel consumption, CO2 emissions data and specification to that shown in the configurator. For more information, please speak to your local retailer."

Obviously WLTP related so performance and economy figures might change, but specs?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Not sure how specs will change because all they mentioned was the fact of a new testing system.
Best thing to do is just wait for information that dealers will be putting out.
Have you messaged your dealer as yet?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just spotted they updated the UK price list document on the website. Don't appear to be any material changes I can see, apart from some changes to models no longer being available except through dealer stock (1.5 manual, and the 190PS TDI), of which there isn't any as far as I can tell, so these are basically no longer available.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wonder if this will have any impact on the chances of seeing proper performance trims for the Arteon. I know VW recently had to delist the entry level GTI trim for the Golf due to these new WLTP regulations. It's odd that they are getting worse emissions from their smaller engines or perhaps they just cant meet fuel economy expectations.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Reliability will also be in question because even with other car makers producing small engine with higher output, they have problems.

Ford for example still has problems with its EcoBoost engines.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In case anyone is interested, I got through to VW in the UK through their web chat function and asked about changes for model year 2019 (other than any WLTP related stuff). In essence, nothing much:

- Passenger presence detection now as standard (show in multifunction display)
- Optional metallic paint Crimson Red discontinued
- Shortcut button for driver assistance systems menu in the instrument cluster display now on the steering wheel

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not many changes at all then! I did think the passenger presence detection was already standard though? Mine displays seats on the active info display that highlight if they are occupied or not. Also that Crimson Red is awful imo, good riddance... The Chilli red on the other hand, is amazing :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not many changes at all then! I did think the passenger presence detection was already standard though? Mine displays seats on the active info display that highlight if they are occupied or not. Also that Crimson Red is awful imo, good riddance... The Chilli red on the other hand, is amazing :D
Funnily enough I contemplated the crimson red, but didn't fancy the cost of it, so went cheap and ordered Urano Grey. Hopefully won't regret the decision. Do you think the colour works well on the Arteon? I've never seen one (other than photos), but have seen Passats in Urano Grey that look a bit downmarket to my eye...I'm just hoping the Arteon's lines can handle the plain colour better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The colour range isn't the best. I was going for chilli red but I was never of settled mind. This might appear non-pc but my wife went for white to stay under the VED price threshold. I think she got it right - better to compromise colour than kit. And white with black sunroof is not at all shabby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.