Volkswagen Arteon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
馃檪hello,I鈥檓 hopefully going to order a 190 tsi R-Line tomorrow but thought I鈥檇 better start and find a decent forum,I swapped from a golf r estate only 6 months ago to a 180tsi sel Tiguan but already I鈥檝e fallen out of love with her,I did actually test drive an Arteon before signing up for a tiggy and liked it though the wife thought differently!馃槀 I鈥檓 planning on having a pyrite silver with dynaudio,dcc,xds and a reversing camera,I would like area view but I鈥檓 trying to keep the cost down,also do any of you peeps have dcc and the dynaudio? Would like to hear your thoughts if these are worth having as they are quite expensive options,hopefully the demo car will be available tomorrow so I can see if the standard suspension and sound system is ok.

Registered
Dcc is a must have option, dynaudio on the other hand not so much. it's a decent system, but you might have the trim inside rattle and spoil the experience, i'm on the process of taking mine back so they can sort out the trim on the door cards. even with the bass turned to -5 which is max, at quarter volume still rattles. but if you like listening to music, then go for it. the normal system is decent enough, and in my opinion dynaudio option should have costed 700 pounds max. that being said, you won't regret having it, but will regret the money spent in it.
I don't know how the normal suspension is, but if you go for the 20 inch wheels, DCC is a must without question. The normal camera is good enough and you won't need 360 unless you go in really tight spaces, but if you are a good driver you will squeeze it in anyway. I also went for keyless and electric tailgate, keyless is good, tailgate just a gimmick.
and just as an advice, these cars tank in value really quickly, so i would recommend you look at the used market right now, and pick a second hand one with less than 10 k miles on it that has the 240 engine TDI, or the 280 TSI because they already have DCC and differential as standard and the cost of ownership on PCP would be less than you would pay for a new one.
i have the 240 TDI with rear view camera, DCC(standard), XDS(standard), nav pro, keyless plus electric tailgate, Sunroof, Dynaudio, heated rear sets,20 inch rossario, for 30 k, 4k deposit on PCP 12k miles/year, 400 p/m for 4 years. baloon payment 13k. unless you are leasing the car, this is an option you might want to look into.
By the way, welcome to the forum.

Registered
Thank you for your views馃憤This is trev Hyde BTW for some reason I can鈥檛 log in with google using that account馃槀I test drove a completely standard spec elegance this morning and must agree the standard system is good, not as good as my dynaudio Tiguan but like you say the dynaudio option is rather steep with the Arteon,I actually found the suspension very good too so I probably won鈥檛 bother with dcc,what has alarmed me is the 7 month waiting time for the car because of this new emissions testing every single car!馃槺

Registered
At least you guys already have models on the road over in the UK. With the most recent delay we've seen for NA, I'm starting to feel like its never going to arrive on our shores. Welcome to the forum by the way.

Registered
At least you guys already have models on the road over in the UK. With the most recent delay we've seen for NA, I'm starting to feel like its never going to arrive on our shores. Welcome to the forum by the way.
I think I've got a 7 month wait for mine buddy!:sad:I went with dcc,xds and area view in the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts