Volkswagen Arteon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I've got used to my new Arteon, I love just about everything about it. There are, however, a few niggles, and I wondered if anyone on here has experienced, or knows a solution to, any of the following:

1. UNABLE TO TURN OFF THE INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM - I cannot figure out any way to properly turn off the screen in the centre console. Any time I gently clean it (which is frequently because it really shows up finger marks), I am rapidly triggering the various buttons and gesture control, to the point that I have caused the system to malfunction more than once. How do you actually fully turn it off?

2. ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL - On a motorway, even with Front Assist deactivated, and the distancing set to 'very close', the car starts automatically braking when I am hundreds of yards away from the car in front. The result is that I have to move into the overtaking lane far too early, to avoid my speed dipping. Standard cruise control is so much better! Is there a way to over-ride this over-cautious system?

3. KNOCKING FROM PETROL CAP - After longer journeys, when I pull up and switch off, I can hear a very regular knocking sound (once per second) from behind the fuel cap. It's loud enough to be noticeable and lasts a considerable amount of time. Any ideas?

4. FOLDING MIRRORS - One of my mirrors takes about a second longer than the other to move into place. It's not a big deal, but just a bit irritating when it's been perfectly synchronised on all the other VWs I've owned. Anyone else noticed this?

5. RADIO STATION LOGOS - On the preset radio station screen, only one of the stations actually displays an associated logo. I've tried, but can't find any way to change the others, which just show a blank space. Anyone managed?

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now that I've got used to my new Arteon, I love just about everything about it. There are, however, a few niggles, and I wondered if anyone on here has experienced, or knows a solution to, any of the following:

1. UNABLE TO TURN OFF THE INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM - I cannot figure out any way to properly turn off the screen in the centre console. Any time I gently clean it (which is frequently because it really shows up finger marks), I am rapidly triggering the various buttons and gesture control, to the point that I have caused the system to malfunction more than once. How do you actually fully turn it off?
I have owned the car for three days. If you press the round button on the left of the screen, the one that controls radio volume, that will turn off your display. Sorry I can't help with the others!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Scott. Thanks for your response. Unfortunately that doesn't help me too much as the 2020 model has no buttons on the screen at all. There is a touch-sensitive radio on/off sensor, with touch-sensitive volume up/down sensors below. So when cleaning, the radio gets turned on and off and goes randomly loud and quiet. Really annoying! Surely there must be a way!?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Scott. Thanks for your response. Unfortunately that doesn't help me too much as the 2020 model has no buttons on the screen at all. There is a touch-sensitive radio on/off sensor, with touch-sensitive volume up/down sensors below. So when cleaning, the radio gets turned on and off and goes randomly loud and quiet. Really annoying! Surely there must be a way!?
My 2014 Cadillac CTS had that with the CUE system and drove me a bit bonkers as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts