Volkswagen Arteon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all, I've had my Arteon R Line 1.5 DSG in Urano Grey for 4 weeks now, love the car but I do have one issue, I've come from a Merc 220 Auto AMG spec and before that a BMW 320 M Sport Sport Auto, this is my first experience of the DSG box, is it me being used to diesel and other makes or is it jerky when cold just out of design?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome to the forum Martin. I think coming from an AMG is going to set a pretty high expectation for performance. But yes that sort of jerkiness is pretty common with the DSG, when cold.

·
Registered
208 Posts
This is primarily why I have seen buyers cross shopping this with some slightly higher end offerings. Hopefully you'll get used to it but won't be surprised if you don't coming from MB.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats and welcome. VW has unfortunately oriented their DSG system around efficiency as opposed to performance. Though I know one of the main advantages that this system is supposed to provide is smoother shifting lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.