Volkswagen Arteon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gents,

I plan to go away for 2 months. I am pretty sure the battery will be flat when I come back. Battery charger or asking someone help to start the car is not an option. I was thinking to remove the negative terminal, but I am afraid there is some setting or programming needed upon connecting back the negative terminal. Any advise if this is the case? Thanks

·
Registered
2018 VW Arteon 1.5 TSI Elegance Manual
2 Posts
In addition to the risk of potentially upsetting the vehicle's electronics, disconnecting the battery will obviously also leave the alarm inactive, which wouldn't be ideal.

Based on what you said in your post, I'm assuming that you're not able to connect a trickle charger to the car but have you looked at a solar charger as an option e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07X97TNZC/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_EGG02G224KGHRWEPNCAW? The reviews suggest that it's an effective solution, even during a sun-deprived UK winter, and I'm sure you'd be able to source an equivalent item in Oz.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.