Volkswagen Arteon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This review comes from AutoWeek.com

It's pretty in depth and goes through a lot so it's worth the browse through. I remember somewhere on the forum there was a discussion about rear head room, that is something not to be worried about as the reviewer is 6'1" and had no problem with ample headroom in the rear so rest assured and even goes as far as to say that it is not just adequate, but it's road-trip comfortable.

Also found out that the DSG 7-speed transmission and 20 inch wheels are not going to offered in North America.

When it arrives, the Arteon will be offered in three trim levels: SE, SEL and Executive; SE models get 18-inch wheels, leatherette trim, power front seats and automatic climate control, among other standard equipment. SEL adds VW's digital cockpit instrumentation, leather seating, remote start and a sunroof. Executive models load up the luxury with a heated steering wheel and rear seats, ventilated massaging front seats, 19-inch wheels and additional electronic assists. Finally, an R-Line package will be available on any trim, offering sportier details.
2019 VW Arteon: We drive the CC coupe?s gorgeous replacement

·
Registered
208 Posts
How much of a bargain it is will be my question since i'm open to buying used. So comparing this to a slightly used A6... things really get interesting.

Base price here is $35k, meanwhile you can get a used 2.0T Premium A6 for around $45k on average.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's something I wouldn't be looking towards as I think the Arteon looks better than the A6 in my opinion. There's that and say if you wait a year, you could probably catch an Arteon mid-trim with the R-Line package for approximately $40k maybe?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Road And Track said the Arteon is a car worth looking into if someone can't swallow the Audi prices and they even suggest you spring for the R-Design package for comfort. A pretty good deal considering it costs around $35,000 and with the year end approaching, buyers can probably get one for a great deal.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Road And Track said the Arteon is a car worth looking into if someone can't swallow the Audi prices and they even suggest you spring for the R-Design package for comfort. A pretty good deal considering it costs around $35,000 and with the year end approaching, buyers can probably get one for a great deal.
Yeah well that's what it has always been, a model to undercut what people already like, the RS7, Panamera, list goes on. Its one reason why the Kia Stinger will do well and on that point, I can see myself getting that Kia over this.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The Stinger was more performance oriented whereas the Arteon capitalizes on luxury and comfort, which it excels in. Depends on what you need I suppose.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The Stinger was more performance oriented whereas the Arteon capitalizes on luxury and comfort, which it excels in. Depends on what you need I suppose.
Valid point but even the Stinger can be said to be luxurious, compared to what some Chrysler products were like years ago, the Stinger is up to that level of "luxury"
Plus.. luxury is just one aspect of these to focus on as a new car buyer. How important is luxury to you?

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's more of the feel than how much leather is used. Some cabins are just designed with more flow and better choices in materials and the Arteon delivers on that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts