1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is kind of odd. In most markets, this engine has been available since the Arteon came out late 2017. Mine was built in july 2017 an has the 2.0tsi producing 280 hk, 350 Nm and does the 0-62 mph in 5.6 sec.

·
Registered
28 Posts
VW will be equipping the Arteon with a new, more potent 2.0l turbocharged 4 cylinder. It is already on sale in the UK and will start from £39,065. It produces 268hp and 350Nm of torque. This is mated to a 7 speed DSG and standard AWD. It will be able to do a 0-60mpg spring in just 5.6 seconds. https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volks...n-arteon-receives-more-powerful-268bhp-engine
Nothing new here, this is the engine I've been hearing would be in it for a year now. I was hoping for a release date? Doesn't really matter, I gave up and bought a Golf R.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My guess is that they are just opening up availability of this tune for new regions. Not really all that interested until they produce something along the lines of an R variant.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The 280 hp Arteon is pretty quick if you drive active using the gear paddles or put it in sport mode.
What it lacks is some low end "grunt" in standard drive mode, which a nice V6 would achieve. However that would make it a bit heavier, so all in all the 280 hp 2.0 tsi engine is a good choice for this car if you are looking for a reasonable quick GT cruiser.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a feeling this is all we're going to get. VW only likes to act when competition heats up. So till then it will be slow sailing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If 280 isn't enough for you there is always the option of a tune. I'm sure APR will have one that will add around 100 hp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts