Volkswagen Arteon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Another U.K. owner in waiting here. 2 weeks ago ordered a 1.5 TSI Elegance DSG. As it’s a PCH I left it in Urano Grey (would’ve chosen turmeric otherwise) but did add the reverse camera and heated steering wheel.

VW order tracker is showing it’s sat at stage 2. Have been quoted 22nd April by lease company (yeah, right...) and VW online chat said 29th May.

Very excited, can’t wait for it to arrive!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is a good amount of information to be read through on here while you await delivery. Are you upgrading from another VW?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. There is a good amount of information to be read through on here while you await delivery. Are you upgrading from another VW?
Thanks!

Not coming from VW, I'm currently driving a Qashqai so the Arteon will be a significant step up actually. I'd had an Octavia on order since end of October (sensible and cheap) as a replacement but when the lease company emailed their current deals out a few weeks back I had my head turned! Fortunately they let me cancel the Octavia and order the Arteon instead - which I'm much more excited about!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome to the brand and to the community. I'm sure you'll love all the extra bells and whistles, not to mention the change in driving dynamics over your Nissan. Those of us in NA have a much longer waiting game to play.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the brand and to the community. I'm sure you'll love all the extra bells and whistles, not to mention the change in driving dynamics over your Nissan. Those of us in NA have a much longer waiting game to play.
Thanks! Really looking forward to it. The Nissan has been something I've half-regretted since not long after getting it. I hadn't actually intended to get one, was meant to be getting a Skoda Superb but that's a whole other story...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, just joined the forum to try to get any new info on build times for 2.0 TSI 190 R Line DSG. Ordered mine 13/9/2108... given delivery date for late Dec ‘18 early Jan ‘19 ....looked on My VW app and order is still at Stage 2 “ with the factory” !! Been reading lots of stuff regarding delays due to emission testing or production delays. Anybody have any further info would be much appreciated as I’m considering cancelling my order and looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys, just joined the forum to try to get any new info on build times for 2.0 TSI 190 R Line DSG. Ordered mine 13/9/2108... given delivery date for late Dec '18 early Jan '19 ....looked on My VW app and order is still at Stage 2 " with the factory" !! Been reading lots of stuff regarding delays due to emission testing or production delays. Anybody have any further info would be much appreciated as I'm considering cancelling my order and looking elsewhere.
Have you tried VW online chat? Worth a try to see if they can give you any info. It does seem that there have been delays with the 2.0 petrols in particular from the comments I've read in various places.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi Guys, just joined the forum to try to get any new info on build times for 2.0 TSI 190 R Line DSG. Ordered mine 13/9/2108... given delivery date for late Dec '18 early Jan '19 ....looked on My VW app and order is still at Stage 2 " with the factory" !! Been reading lots of stuff regarding delays due to emission testing or production delays. Anybody have any further info would be much appreciated as I'm considering cancelling my order and looking elsewhere.
If you stick with your order i would like to know the condition it gets delivered in, sometimes these "new" cars come with surprising amounts of imperfections.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same model ordered 1 August with scheduled delivery late December. Promised a build week in January, and again on 11 February. But silence from the dealer. On-line chat has just given me a delivery date of 32 weeks time. That makes 60 weeks in in total. All the best with your orders guys, but enough is enough for me. VW have been either less than open about the scale of the problems they've faced or they don't know what they're doing. I'm not sure which of these is worse. Now looking at a similarly configured A5 Sportsback - has less kit but probably better build quality and premium feel.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Its a common play that automakers use and just about everyone in every industry. Delay problems, put them off, and keep them out of the spotlight. But only talk about them once there's a solution to keep brand perception high and keep it their.
Learned that over my many years buying cars and ultimately your own due diligence is needed regardless of who you're buying from.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well a long time has passed since placing the order! I finally moved to stage 3 on 30th May and dealer has confirmed that build week is locked in as week 26, w/c 24th June.

ETA to dealer is now 22nd July which is the day I fly out of the country for a week, so it’s likely to be 30th July before I get it which will be 6 months from ordering.

I’m desperately hoping that it will arrive a bit earlier so I can get it and have it for the drive from Coventry to Gatwick as it seems like the perfect first outing for the car. Not holding my breath though!

·
Registered
12 Posts
VW send me texts to say my car is on its way (August 2018 order). But I cancelled in February and I'm the happy owner of an Audi A5 Black Edition now. Arteon is a nice motor, but VW is shambolic.

·
Registered
208 Posts
VW send me texts to say my car is on its way (August 2018 order). But I cancelled in February and I'm the happy owner of an Audi A5 Black Edition now. Arteon is a nice motor, but VW is shambolic.
VW has turned into a "if you can't afford Audi, buy this" sort of brand, which is sad but clearly there's a market for it. Arteon is a slight exception to that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it’s been a long time coming but my Arteon is finally being delivered on Thursday 18th July - almost a full 6 months after ordering! To say I’m excited is an understatement!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well it's been a long time coming but my Arteon is finally being delivered on Thursday 18th July - almost a full 6 months after ordering! To say I'm excited is an understatement!
I can imagine the excitement especially with so many of them on the road already. Have you been spotting them a lot?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can imagine the excitement especially with so many of them on the road already. Have you been spotting them a lot?
It's here and it's brilliant! :grin:

I've still seen hardly any of them, don't think I've seen any for over a month now, not even when I drive past the dealers.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Congrats on getting your Arteon.

Are you planning to get any first things done such as some form of paint protection?
Curious to know what your gas mileage is like.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Congrats on getting your Arteon.

Are you planning to get any first things done such as some form of paint protection?
Curious to know what your gas mileage is like.
http://thumbsnap.com/f/Sr7QQA3e

It will be getting waxed with a ceramic wax, once I'm back off holiday and once I have a dry day. I had planned to do it the day after delivery but the British Summer (on off rain all day) stopped that plan.

As for fuel consumption, this was my trip to the airport on Sunday:

http://thumbsnap.com/f/aeLTz6Os

Edit: images weren't showing for some reason so had to leave as links.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, buying a new car is a holiday for a real motorist! It seems to me that this time that you were waiting for the car was the most difficult and long for you ... But even in spite of this, it seems to me that the stage of choosing a car itself is even worse. Comparisons of various models and manufacturers. Almost every car is good in its own way, so it is very difficult to decide on the final choice. I remember when I was choosing the main car for the family, it was very difficult. It was necessary to take into account the preferences of the wife, comfort, economy, as well as the presence of children. Of course, the choice fell on a diesel Volkswagen! But when I was choosing a car for myself, I wanted something more individual ... In the end, my choice fell on this model https://www.jdmbuysell.com/product/nissan-skyline-gtr-r33-n-8356/. It took a very long time for her to come to me, but it was worth it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts