Waiting Impatiently - Volkswagen Arteon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Waiting Impatiently

Hi all, look forward to getting to know others on this forum. I'm in USA and have been told by VW of America that the Arteon will arrive here in the summer of 2018 with two engine options (2.0T and 1.8T) and drivetrain options (FWD and AWD). Both will be paired to an 8-speed tiptronic (no DSG). I have been following the Arteon for a while now and am excited to compare it to other vehicles I'm interested in late 2018, such as the A5 sportback, Volvo V90, and Volvo V/S60 once those make it on to Volvo's new SPA platform.

I have owned several VW's and Audi's and currently have a Mk7 Golf R and C5 Allroad in the stable. I look forward to meeting folks from around the world who are also intrigued by the Arteon.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 11:44 AM

Welcome to the forum! Lets hope the wait won't be too long because they could be referring to the end of next summer for the Arteon release.
Will you be replacing the Mk7 Golf R or C5 Allroad with the new Arteon?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 12:17 PM

You should speak with your local dealers to see when they will be getting their first demo's or even to keep you in the loop about when they will get a first look, often that first look is a pre-production model that Corporate sends around to dealers. Most car makers do it.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandArt View Post
Welcome to the forum! Lets hope the wait won't be too long because they could be referring to the end of next summer for the Arteon release.
Will you be replacing the Mk7 Golf R or C5 Allroad with the new Arteon?
I currently have the Mk7 R up for sale! So the AR will be my daily until the Arteon arrives. May keep the AR long-term as I got it for a steal and it is in incredible condition for a 12 year old car.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 12:07 PM

How much do you want for the R, and how many miles?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 12:20 PM

Selling your Mk7 R to make space for the new Arteon shouldn't be a problem for you. They don't make cars like they used to and the C5 will be a good hauler if something doesn't fit in the Arteon.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page