Bargain German GT - VW Arteon Review - Volkswagen Arteon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Bargain German GT - VW Arteon Review

This review comes from AutoWeek.com

It's pretty in depth and goes through a lot so it's worth the browse through. I remember somewhere on the forum there was a discussion about rear head room, that is something not to be worried about as the reviewer is 6'1" and had no problem with ample headroom in the rear so rest assured and even goes as far as to say that it is not just adequate, but it's road-trip comfortable.

Also found out that the DSG 7-speed transmission and 20 inch wheels are not going to offered in North America.

Quote:
When it arrives, the Arteon will be offered in three trim levels: SE, SEL and Executive; SE models get 18-inch wheels, leatherette trim, power front seats and automatic climate control, among other standard equipment. SEL adds VW’s digital cockpit instrumentation, leather seating, remote start and a sunroof. Executive models load up the luxury with a heated steering wheel and rear seats, ventilated massaging front seats, 19-inch wheels and additional electronic assists. Finally, an R-Line package will be available on any trim, offering sportier details.
2019 VW Arteon: We drive the CC coupe?s gorgeous replacement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 02:02 PM

How much of a bargain it is will be my question since i'm open to buying used. So comparing this to a slightly used A6... things really get interesting.

Base price here is $35k, meanwhile you can get a used 2.0T Premium A6 for around $45k on average.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

That's something I wouldn't be looking towards as I think the Arteon looks better than the A6 in my opinion. There's that and say if you wait a year, you could probably catch an Arteon mid-trim with the R-Line package for approximately $40k maybe?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page