Form and Function - Volkswagen Arteon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Form and Function

Quote:
“The athletic lines of the Arteon embody a highly functional overall concept," said Tobias Suhlmann, the exterior designer. "Form and function find common ground here in a progressive way. Thanks to its long wheelbase, stretched roofline, coupe-style fastback design and large rear hatch, this Gran Turismo provides more space and flexibility than conventional sedans."
I definitely agree with Suhlmann in his statement above as the exterior of the VW Arteon just seems to hit a perfect balance. This is one of those few times where there really isn't anything I would change with the actual design of the body. It's not overly aggressive, it's smooth, has great lines, everything looks functional.

Thoughts on the exterior alone?

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 03:12 AM

These days, ridges on a hood is a common sight, but it's not everyday you see it in an angle with a hood vent in the middle. Gives it a more aggressive, but sleek look.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Even something as simple as that fender badge that makes it onto the door and splits, really good look in my opinion.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 01:50 PM

It gets even better when you look at the fact that VW has a habit of keeping concepts production-like. They don't get carried away, meaning a lot of what we see here will find its way into production. This will happen similar to the Atlas concept to Atlas production model transition.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

There were barely any differences from the Atlas concept to reality production model. If the Arteon stays like this, I really think it'll be highly successful.

It encompasses everything you'd want in an upscale package and at the right price, this will do very well.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:22 PM

Another example is the new Tiguan which shares a good amount of design DNA with the Arteon concept, helping to give confirmation to certain things. At least with the Tiguan we can make an educated decisions for the Arteon.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Alright so after seeing the reviews and what they're all driving, these are exactly what we'll be getting which is a huge two thumbs up to me. Can't wait to skip over to the dealer and see what they're saying about ordering one and what not.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page